- pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- oz strawberry cream cheese, softened
- teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Neon pink food color, if desired
- Assorted candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, softened cream cheese, lemon peel and egg until soft
- dough forms. Stir in food color to get desired neon pink color.
- Roll dough 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with 2 1/2- to 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Decorate cookies as desired by pressing assorted sprinkles into dough.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
TipsGet creative with use of sprinkles and other decorations; for example, for a stitched heart look, press colored jimmies around outer edge of heart.
Substitute any flavor cream cheese in place of strawberry for a fun twist.
Tint cookie dough with red food color for a different look.
Have fun with an assortment of heart cookie sizes, using different cookie cutters to create large, medium and small hearts. Remember to adjust the bake time for each of the sizes. For example, a 1 inch cookie would bake for approximately 6-8 minutes.